Saturday, February 4, 2012

WE ARE DOCTORATE DEGREE HOLDERS NOT CASHIERS

I dont mind checking out a patient at my own will because maybe i will like to continue a conversation/counsel from the aisle to the pharmacy. I don't want to run the drive-thru, and front registers. Worst of all checkout the register tills!
Walgreens should provide cashiers if they cant pay technicians to do so.
Our duties as pharmacist is beyond what the technicians and store managers see. When we get a script, we should adequately carry out the 10 point check system. Which never happens. If you are overwhelmed like i am, i probably do a 3 point check. Match the patient name, drug name and what the pill looks like and bag it up. O please do not judge, when i'm on a clock to scan, type, review, fill and bag up every script within 15 minutes or less not putting into consideration other distractions
Who makes $72.2 billion dollars in sales, $20.5 billion in gross profit and cannot afford to have sufficient manpower to do their dirty work. Don't get me wrong fellas. I love being a pharmacist but walgreens won't let me enjoy my job and  is not letting us practice Pharmacy to the best of our ability. And i definitely hate to lose my license.

1 comment:

  1. This company is corrupt, it needs people like you to help them become rich, stop helping them and work for someone else. Look for a friendly pharmacy.i have a college education and they refused to move me up and make it worse they forced me into doing third shift for 6 month knowing it was affecting my health in negative ways, i quit the job and hate how walgreens operates.

    ReplyDelete